FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MEDIA CONTACT
July 1, 2014
NW SolarFest Coordinator
Fun in the Sun at NW SolarFest!
11th Annual NW SolarFest: Renewable Energy & Sustainable Living Fair
Shoreline, WA (July 2014) – On Saturday, July 26th at Shoreline Community College from 10am to 5 pm head to NW SolarFest to learn about and celebrate renewable energy and sustainable living. You’ll find fun activities such as:
• KIDZone; music circle, drumming, yoga, art & craft activities, take an energy pledge and get a mini solar car (first 300 kids get their own for free), Bubbleman (noon), Professor Phillip Photon (1pm), Solar Powered Kidz Rock Concert (4pm)
•NW EcoBuilding workshops, hourly from 11am-4pm
•Seattle City Light Solar Powered “Green Up” speaker and music stage featuring sounds from The Hollers, the Highlife Band, and Ayron Jones (noon-2)
• Trash Fashion Show where dogs will model fashionable outfits created from recycled garbage sponsored by ShoreDOG (2pm)
• Barter Fair, bring your home grown or homemade items to trade (2-4pm)
• “Momenta” documentary film screening about coal exports in the Pacific Northwest (2:30pm)
• Urban County Fair: Sustainability displays and competition – Backyard Floral Arrangement, Container Garden, Restyled Clothing/Wearables, Recycle/Upcycle Idea, Food Art
• Enter to win Little Library
• Transportation Zone features 100% electric vehicles; Nissan Leaf and Tesla S Model
• Exhibits, Presentations, Urban Farm, Transportation Zone, Solar Cooking Demonstrations, Live Music, and Food.
NW SolarFest is an outdoor annual regional event supported by the City of Shoreline, Shoreline Community College, Seattle City Light, and many others and is organized by Shoreline Solar Project. The free event will run from 10 am to 5 pm at Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Avenue North.
Metro Route 5, 331 and 345 serve the college on Saturdays.
More information is available at www.shorelinesolar.org