Fun in the Sun at NW SolarFest!
10th Annual NW SolarFest: Renewable Energy & Sustainable Living Fair
Shoreline, WA (June, 2013) – On Saturday, July 27th at Shoreline Community College from 10am to 6 pm the public is invited to drop all their cares and enjoy some spontaneous fun, for Free. Highlights include:
- Performances by Casper Babypants (11am), Baby Gramps (2:00pm), Gallus Brothers (3:30pm), Louis Ledford (5:00pm), Hot Damn Scandal (6:30pm)
- Ciscoe Morris, “Gardening with Ciscoe” is a featured speaker (2:00pm))
- Barter Fair, bring your home grown or homemade items to trade (2-4pm)
- KidZone, mini solar car give-a-way (first 300 kids) then race your car
- NW EcoBuilding workshops, hourly from 11am-4pm
- Transportation Zone features electric bikes, motorcycle, cars
- Exhibits, Presentations on inside and outside stages, urban livestock, KIDZone, Transportation Zone, Solar Cooking Demonstrations, Live Music, Food and Beer Garden.
NW SolarFest is an outdoor annual regional event supported by the City of Shoreline, Shoreline Community College, Seattle City Light and many others and is organized by Shoreline Solar Project. The free event will run from 10 am to 6 pm at Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Avenue North, with the beer garden and the live music continuing until 8 pm.
Metro Route 5, 331 and 345 serve the college on Saturdays.
About Shoreline Solar Project: Shoreline Solar Project is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, that educates the region about renewable energy and sustainability through workshops, seminars, and presentations throughout the year. More information is available at www.shorelinesolar.org